September 14, 2014

Thanks

Hello everyone!

How are y'all?  Things have been rather crazy around here over the last couple weeks, but I'm glad they're finally slowing down enough to get crafty again.  The weather has been chilly, so it's perfect for staying indoors and making stuff.  I've received several boxes of crafting goodies over the last couple weeks, so I'm excited to finally get to use them.

Chevrons seem to be super popular these days.  Winnie & Walter have this amazing stamp set called V is for Chevron, and I had to ink it up first.  Here is what I created.


I really like the bright colors on this one.  Set against the black, they really seem to pop.  I hadn't really used my Hero Arts Neon inks yet, so this was a great time for that as well.  I loved the Stitched Border die from Pretty Pink Posh too.  It added just the right touch of "something" I was looking for.  In all, I really like how this turned out.  I was excited to combine the following challenges in this card.

Virginia's View #7: Patterned Paper
The Friday Mashup #177: Sketch (my interpretation of it)
Pile It On #37: Flowers and/or Feathers (I used flowers)

Before I go, I will share a couple of photos from R's last visit.  He brought Hulk, and I have to admit, we all fell in love with him.  He's so beautiful, and such a sweet, sweet boy.  He's very smart too.  My daughter taught him how to sit and shake, just in the four days they were here.  He's going to be a very BIG boy though.  He just turned 3 months old on the 11th, and weighs 35 pounds already.  Full grown, we're told he'll be between 150 and 160 pounds. lol  We really miss them, and are happy they'll be returning for another visit soon.




I'm hoping to be back with something crafty, but different than cards or scrapbooks, in the next day or so.  It's something I've had fun participating in over the last couple weeks, and just realized that I could be posting pictures on my blog of each prompt. lol  I'm just waiting for the lighting outside to be good enough to get a decent photo.  I do hope you have a wonderful Sunday, filled with crafty goodness!

Ciao!
 
What's In It?
Paper: SU Whisper White & Basic Black Cardstock, Amy Tangerine Black & White Chevron Patterned Paper
Stamps: Winnie & Walter V Is For Chevron & You've Got Love Mail
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black Dye Ink, Hero Arts Neon Pink, Blue, Yellow, Green & Purple Dye Ink
Accessories: Maya Road Natural Twine, I Am Roses White Paper Flowers, Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Borders 1 & Stitched Film Strip Dies

1 comment:

BethieJ said...

Your card is FABULOUS!! Love the chevrons! I just received my 2nd order from Winnie and Walter.. love their stamps! :)
Thank You for joining us at PIO!!
Have a GREAT day!